Friday, November 23, 2012

Taking Time To Be Thankful

As you all know this past year has been a rough one, and trying to muster the strength to be thankful and count my blessings is pretty much non-existent at this point. But, nevertheless, I know that I have so many things to be thankful for despite everything. So, I know I'm a day late, but this is more for me than for you anyway, because sometimes we all just need to take the time to sit down, count our blessings, and take everything into perspective.

1. I am very thankful for my little family. My husband who gets up every single day and goes to work to work hard for our family, who puts up with my crazy antics, who loves me unconditionally, and who is the best daddy our little girl could ever ask for. My happy, healthy daughter who keeps me grounded and keeps me laughing, who reminds me everyday what my purpose is in life, and who is my guiding light. Every decision I make is for her. She's my everything.

2. I am thankful for my sisters. Those crazy, beautiful girls who keep my life interesting. They are my built in support system, and my cheering squad. They are first people to put me in my place, and the first people to run to my defense. They are part of who I am, and I am grateful.

3. I am thankful for my mom. Really thankful. Even though she drives me insane, and lately it seems like we've been disagreeing about everything, I know she's got my back. Every ounce of good in me is from her, even if lately she doesn't seem to see much of it. She may not understand me at times, and she may dislike A LOT of my choices, but one thing is for sure, I know she is always going to be there, even if it's in the back of mind guiding me to be the best mother I can be.

4. I am thankful for my dad. I am thankful for his unconditional love, the way he never judges me or puts me down, and how supportive he is of me. He is always there to back me up, to offer experienced advice, and he is still the only guy in the world who makes me feel the most beautiful every single day. I am blessed to call him my dad.

5. I am thankful for my crazy, extensive family. My Grandma Amy a.k.a. Fro: our rock, the first person to call me at 7:00 AM every single birthday, and the one whose swimming pool and Sunday lunches are the scene of many of my childhood memories. My Grandma Joyce who has taught me everything I know about how to act like a lady, even if I only act like one when I'm around her. My cousin, Little Jordan, who has been the BIGGEST help with Emma since day one! What would I do without her?! My Aunt Keri whose amazing cakes dazzle at every party I throw. My Aunt Karen whose never afraid to come out to my karaoke competitions and cheer for me while I sing. And for every single amazing person who makes up the 20+ members of my extended family. I am thankful that they never judge me, always love me, and accept me for exactly who I am.

6. I am thankful for my in-laws. No matter what, they are the best grandparents I could ever have wanted for my daughter. She is so lucky to be loved by so many, but especially by them. I thankful for all of the time the invest in her, all of the help they give Randy and I, and for the way they always make me feel like I'm a good mom. I am truly blessed by them. I am also thankful for my sister-in-law who is usually right there with them. My in-laws are good people...the best people.

7. I am thankful for new opportunities, like the possibility of a new job. I'm not sure where this new chapter of my adventure will take me, but maybe it means I'll be able to go back to school and finish my degree, because I'll finally have some extra time.

8. I am thankful for music. I am thankful for how it speaks to me and how I can use it to speak to others. Music is truly the balm of my soul.

9. I am thankful for friendships. Amazing girl friends. Work friends. Those friends who are always game for a good time. Those friends I don't get to see as often as I'd like. And for my best friend. Each one of them plays an important part in my story, and I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to develop a friendship with each one of them, no matter what type of friendship it is.

10. I am thankful for forgiveness and for an amazing God who continually offers it. I have needed a lot of it this year, and I'm sure I'll need it even more in the years to come. I am thankful that He is always there loving me, and offering me his mercy. I may feel far away from Him right now, but I know He's there. I would be truly lost without my faith.

I know it's a short list. I know there are probably 100 other things I could put on here, but for now...for today, these are the things I am the most thankful for.

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure I'm still full from yesterday, and I even braved a little Black Friday shopping with my sister and my cousin, Jordan last night. It was an adventure :) I couldn't of asked for a better Thanksgiving and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend it with both Randy's family and my own family. It was a busy day, but so worth it.

Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

Disclaimer

I do not receive monetary compensation from any of the products, companies, or organizations I promote through my blog, unless otherwise specified during a giveaway or promotion. I am just your average mom trying to share products that I enjoy with other moms, as well as organizations and charities I believe in.