Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Beautiful: A Tribute


“When one person is missing the whole world seems empty.”
Pat Schweibert

Yesterday morning one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the privilege of knowing was called home to Jesus. She was only 23. I stare at her pictures and I can hardly believe that only 6 months ago I watched her walk down the aisle and tearfully say her vows to the boy of her dreams. 

This can't be happening. 

But, it is. It is happening. And there is nothing I can do to stop it. 

So on Saturday, we will bury the beautiful blonde haired girl with the sparkling eyes who laughed at my crazy antics, who sat with me countless afternoons while my daughter was a newborn, and who trusted me like I was one of her sisters. I know now more than ever what a privilege it was to be loved by her, and I will forever be grateful. 

Eden, thank you. Thank you for trusting me, for sharing your mother with me, and for being one of the most beautiful friends I have ever had. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, for always being there to pick up right where we left off, and for letting me be apart of your wedding day that was over 3 years in the making. I know that I wasn't always as good of a friend as I could of been, but thank you for accepting my flaws and for treating me like a sister. My heart will always love you, my sister friend. Always. The world is truly a less beautiful place without you here. 

To Jacob, my heart breaks for you. You were her one true love. Even though your love story was brief, it was beautiful and it will ALWAYS be one of my favorites. To Becca, my other sister friend. I know I can never replace your big sister-your best friend. But, I love you as much as I love her, and I hope you know that I will always be here for you. No matter what. Because sometimes you just need a sister-friend's perspective. To Chris-my "mom". I love you. I love you for always being there for me, even when I'm being crazy. I love you and Wilbur for bringing two of the most amazing young women I have ever known into this world, and for sharing them with me. Chris, I see you in both of them, but Eden definitely embodied your strength and your heart. Just like you, she would of done anything for those she held closest to her, and I count myself truly blessed to have been one of them. Thank you. 

To everyone who loved Eden, we may never understand why. We may feel angry. We may feel betrayed. Yes, the hurt will linger, and for some of us, there will always be a hole in our heart that only Eden could fill. I don't know why God would want such a bright, beautiful life up there with Him so quickly, but He did. Maybe He knew some of us were going to need an extra special guardian angel over the next few years, and He knew only Eden would be up to the job. I don't really know. But, I do know that His ways are not our ways, and His plans are not our plans,and sometimes all we can do is just trust Him, even when we don't want too. Today, I am sorry for all of us. But, we should count ourselves blessed to have memories of her. To have been able to call her a wife, a daughter, a sister, a niece, or a friend. 

Eden, I love you. I miss you. And if you see my Grandpa, could you tell him that I'm okay. 

See you soon. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. What a precious post.

    ReplyDelete

Share It

Disclaimer

I do not receive monetary compensation from any of the products, companies, or organizations I promote through my blog, unless otherwise specified during a giveaway or promotion. I am just your average mom trying to share products that I enjoy with other moms, as well as organizations and charities I believe in.