Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introducing...My Sister

As many of you know, I frequently talk about my three gorgeous sisters on this blog. I feel beyond privileged to call some of the funniest, most beautiful, most supportive girls not only my sisters, but my friends-my best friends. I don't know what I'd do without them! 

Recently, my sister, Randi, got her very first big girl job at the local paper! We are beyond excited and proud of her and for the positive change this new job means for her and my sweet nephew, Noah. Randi has also recently discovered a new love for writing. Lately, we have all been looking for outlets to help us cope with the major changes in our lives, and writing seems to be our favorite outlet. Thankfully, in spite of the serious turn all of our lives has taken, Randi tends to always keeps things light hearted and funny. She is seriously, hands down, the funniest person I know, and I was so excited when she agreed to share one of her hilarious stories with you via my blog! 

So, everyone show some love to my very first guest blogger ever! My sister, Randi!!



~~~~~

I never saw myself as the "blogger" type. Don't get me wrong I love to read the stories people are able to tell by just typing on their keyboard. I, however, never pictured myself telling a story like that. However, I can't help, but look at the things happening around me and think, "Man, this would be a great blog!" So, I talked to my sister, Ashley, about it and she agreed to give me some pointers.

Ashley has always been a very talented writer. I love to read what she has to say. She and other people tell me I am the funniest person they know, which I don't know if that's amazing or really sad. So, after a little guidance and an intensive proof reading section, I am excited to share some of my own motherhood experiences here in Ashley's little corner of the world! 

So, for the ones who laugh every time I tell a story, the ones who tell me I should write a blog and the ones who think my life is entertaining, especially my sister ...t
his is for you.



~~~~~
I think it's safe to say that most everyone knows Noah, either personally or through my sister's blog. Noah, is the amazing little boy who stole my heart and that God allowed to call me mom. But for those who don't know him super well, here are some things you should know about him, so you can fully appreciate some of the stories I will tell. 

•Noah is five.

•He just started kindergarten
•He has a bone disease called Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI)- also known as brittle bone disease.
•Noah loves race cars, super heroes and as of lately singing the national anthem as often as possible.
•Noah has my personality and sense of humor 90% of the time (I know this is the answer to one of the prayers my mother prayed for me at some point in my life when I was being a sarcastic snot.)
Okay, everyone on the same page? Good. To get everyone up to speed about our current situation, we are currently in the final stretch of fracture #9. Only two weeks left, and we get the gigantic orange thing that's has been his left arm for the last month taken off! I'm positive that I am just as excited (if not more) about October the 8th as he is.

Well, last night we got home later than normal, because I took him to my mom's house and let him play "Operation" (one of my favorite childhood games). I'm rushing to get him in the tub, and anyone who has ever experienced a child in a cast can surely appreciate how "fun" it is to balance an arm or leg on your arm while you other arm does the actual bath giving...it's a guaranteed good time. Anyway, while washing Noah's hair the tiniest drip of water went in his eye. Just so we're clear, Noah HATES to have water in his face...HATES IT! And instantly he was screaming, crying, and flailing his cast around in the bathtub. Ugh.  I spent the next 40 minutes with a hair dryer on it. Yep. It was still damp when I put him in bed. Also, I am pretty sure he still had shampoo in his hair. Sweet.
I walked out of his room, and I'm not even kidding you, five minutes later he decides he is thirsty. My child is always thirsty. Ugh. I bring him a glass of water, and as he takes one sip of the water he just HAD to have, he spills it all over him, his dry PJ's, and the bed that I'm pretty sure wasn't wet five minutes ago. I couldn't even speak. I just stood there and looked at him with my mouth wide open. Yes, I know it was an accident (even though there was a big part of me that wanted to scream, cry and flail my arms this time!), I still managed to take a deep breathchange him, his sheets, and get him back into bed at a decent time. I can't wait to see how tonight goes. 

Needless to say, this mommy is more than ready for her vacation to see Aunt Erika next week! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooooooo excited about the new guest blogger!! :) As you all know, I'm thoroughly entertained by Randi's and Noah's life. Can't wait to see you all next week!!

    ReplyDelete

Share It

Disclaimer

I do not receive monetary compensation from any of the products, companies, or organizations I promote through my blog, unless otherwise specified during a giveaway or promotion. I am just your average mom trying to share products that I enjoy with other moms, as well as organizations and charities I believe in.